Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, pennsylvania dutch lard biscuits with gravy. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pennsylvania dutch lard biscuits with gravy using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy:
- Make ready Biscuits
- Prepare 2 cups all purpose flour + 2 tablespoon for dusting
- Make ready 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder double acting
- Get 3-1/2 tablespoons lard
- Make ready 2/3 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 3/4 cup milk
- Make ready 1 tablespoon lard to grease the skillet
- Take Gravy
- Prepare 3/4 pound bulk sausage I used Tennessee Pride Sausage
- Get 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper divided
- Make ready 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Get To taste salt
- Get 1 quart milk I used lactose intolerant milk
- Get 1 tablespoon lard the sausage was too lean
Instructions to make Pennsylvania Dutch Lard Biscuits with Gravy:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 2 cups of flour to a bowl and mix in the salt and baking powder. Mix the flour and baking into the flour well. Take the lard and add the lard to the flour mixture.
- Add the milk. Dust the mixture with the 2 tablespoons of flour. Mix and knead the dough just a bit a quick 5 minutes. Add lard to the skillet and heat till just a bit hot to the touch.
- Add sausage to another pan to brown. Form 6 Biscuits and add to the heated skillet. Add the flour to the browned sausage along with half the black pepper. Put the Biscuits into the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Add milk to the sausage mixture. Take the Biscuits out and set aside. Continue to stir till the gravy is thickened the way you like it.
- Take a couple of Biscuits put on a plate and split in half. Add gravy over the top add the pepper to taste. Serve I hope you enjoy!
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food pennsylvania dutch lard biscuits with gravy recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!